What is the role of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- DODD provides oversight and technical assistance.
- All MUI reports are reviewed by the DODD MUI/Registry Unit to ensure immediate action, timely reporting, good investigations and necessary implementation of prevention plans.
- DODD conducts investigations where it would be a conflict of interest for the Champaign County Board of DD to complete the investigation/report.
What is the role of the provider?
- Ensure health and welfare by taking immediate action to meet the need of the person served.
- Report all incidents or allegations of abuse, neglect, exploitation, misappropriation, suspicious or accidental deaths to Champaign County Board of DD immediately (no later than 4 hours of being made aware).
- Report regardless of where and who was present.
- Report all incidents or allegations of known/unknown injuries, Law Enforcement involvement (charges, incarceration, and/or arrests), Medical emergency, missing individual, Peer to Peer acts, prohibited sexual relations, rights code violations, unapproved behavior support, and unscheduled hospitalizations by 3:00 p.m. the next business day.
- Implement prevention plans to reduce future incidents.
What is the role of Champaign County Board of DD?
- Ensure health and welfare of a served person by identifying and supporting provider in taking immediate actions to meet the need of the person served.
- Work with provider related to prevention planning.
- File report with DODD.
- Work with families, providers, and people receiving services to understand the MUI investigation process.
- Receive reports from community members, families, people served, and providers related to health/welfare of those served.